Installation error when Jforms istalled "Parse error: syntax error..."

• wilibar
  • wilibar's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #396 by wilibar
wilibar created the topic: Installation error when Jforms istalled "Parse error: syntax error..."
I received the following error when I installed Jforms:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/aviato5/public_html/administrator/components/com_jforms/helpers/fitofo.php on line 220

I turned on the System-Jforms too. But I still get the above error when I try to open the JForms component. I installed libraries too without issue. Please advise how to fix this so I can try JForms. Thank you. My system info is below:

PHP Built On Linux vps8307.inmotionhosting.com 2.6.32-042stab078.28 #1 SMP Mon Jul 8 10:17:22 MSK 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.37-cll
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.27
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.27 Stable [ Ember ] 30-September-2014 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Safari/537.36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #399 by giro
giro replied the topic: Installation error when Jforms istalled "Parse error: syntax error..."
thanks for the info, bug fixed. wait tomorrow for the next coming release.

More
5 years 10 months ago #414 by xann
xann replied the topic: Installation error when Jforms istalled "Parse error: syntax error..."
Hello,
I get the same error with version 0.4.1.
Is there a newer version or a quick fix?

More
5 years 10 months ago #415 by giro
giro replied the topic: Installation error when Jforms istalled "Parse error: syntax error..."
unfortunately I've been too busy in the last few days, hopefully today I'll release the new version, please check later today for the new version. by the way this bug is due to the PHP version on your server.

More
5 years 10 months ago #416 by xann
xann replied the topic: Installation error when Jforms istalled "Parse error: syntax error..."
Thank you for the quick response.

More
5 years 10 months ago #417 by Spikey
Spikey replied the topic: Installation error when Jforms istalled "Parse error: syntax error..."
Hello,

I got the same error with version 0.4.1 and Joomla 3.3.6.

Fork me on GitHub
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok